Infections pose a great occupational risk to healthcare providers’ health, now more than ever we should learn how to control infections. This course will help learners improve their infection prevention and control knowledge with the goal to help decrease the risk of transmission of infection in health care.
In this course, you will gain the knowledge and the skills to protect your self from infections and also to decrease the spread the infection inside healthcare facilities like hospitals.
- Chain of infection.
- Point of care risk assessment.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Sharps safety.
- Aseptic technique.
- Medical waste management.
- Additional precautions.
- COVID-19 Considerations.
Who the course is for
This course is designed for all medical providers in different departments working in any healthcare facility. This includes:
- Medical officers.
- House officers.
- Nurses .
- Physician and nurse assistants.
- Laboratory personal.
- Radiology personal.
- In addition to other staff in the healthcare facility.
What will you achieve?
- Understand how pathogens can be transmitted in the healthcare environment.
- Apply infection control principles as appropriate to control infection spread.
- Identify elements of routine practices.
- Understand different additional precautions measures.
- Communicate effectively with patients and their families, and other colleagues.
- Develop a system to assess the need for infection control interventions.
Access a vast information pool anytime and anywhere.
Access the BEST content irrespective of the geographical location.
No pressure or stress any more. Learn with your own pace and do exams after your are ready.
Study in the hospital, at home, or even on the bus.